In this webinar with TreasuryONE and ETM Analytics, we discuss the probability of a major downturn in the US and the implications this might have on monetary policy, interest rates and the consequences for emerging markets.
Discussion topics included:
- Is the end of the Fed hiking cycle closer than many believe?
- Everyone is talking about a soft landing, but are we facing a harsher reality?
- Will the ECB and co ever be able to hike rates?
- Where does this leave emerging markets, and in particular, the rand?
- Is the Fed doing enough to pause demand in order to rein in inflation?